Koyo Ibushi tiles are made using ancient Japanese techniques which involve oxidizing and slowly firing high-quality clay; then reducing and smoking which forms a beautiful carbon film of smoked silver. They are unparalleled in Japan in terms of strength and beauty.
The Inaba is sold in cartons of 0.6m2
The images we have give a strange perspective to these and while they are accurate, we would recommend you get a ruler and draw the dimensions on a piece of paper to get a better idea of scale.
Tiles size - 28x98mm
Tile Thickness - 9/19mm
Sheet Size - 300x200mm
20 tiles per sheet
Sheets/m2 - 16.7
Sheets/Carton - 10
Kg/Carton - 17.1
Kg/m2 - 27.8
Sheets have a net backing
SHIPPING & RETURNS
These tiles represent the minority of choices but the majority by volume of what we sell.
If there is stock, there are a number of options available to you, depending on the destination and number of cartons ordered, the website will work this out for you.
Orders are shipped the same day or next day at the latest, depending on when it’s confirmed.
*** If you are purchasing from outside the UK, please note that due to Brexit, we will no longer charge you VAT. The transport company will collect the VAT directly from you, probably before delivery. There is zero duty on our tiles from Japan whether we ship from the UK or directly to you from Japan.
The website will offer you clear shipping options with costs before asking for any payment.
Stock from Japan
Sea Freight from Japan via our warehouse. If your timing is flexible, your order can hitch a ride with another order from Japan for free and you only pay for shipping from our UK warehouse. If you need a faster solution, please contact us.
|Stock Order Confirmed||Depart UK Warehouse|
|End of week no.|
While we can and will accept returns for UK Stock Items, it is best for you to make the right decision about your tiles to start with due to high cost of your shipping them back. Items ordered from Japan and Java are considered ‘Custom’ items and unfortunately, are not returnable.
Please email us on email@example.com within 14 days of receiving your shipment if you would like to arrange a return.
You will then need to return them to our UK warehouse within the following 14 days.
The tiles must be received in their original, unopened, undamaged condition and packaging.
Within the following 14 days, we will issue a refund.
Full details will be provided upon request.
When you invest so much in gorgeous tiles, you need to ensure that the final look is perfect.
Our tiles are of a very high quality and unless stated otherwise on their page, do not require special consideration. The only tiles that need any further treatment are the ones with an intentionally crackled glaze and they need sealed if used in a wet area.
- Make sure you have a professional tiler.
- You or your designer should decide where the tiles should start. Perhaps you might want the horizontal joints level with a sink or other visual point. Please take time with this and do not let your tiler make this decision!
- Consider your grout colour. Stark white grout on a tile that has a description of 'white' may not work. For instance, a light grey grout works best with our Yuki in White! Read about our Japanese Superclean Grout here. Do not let your tiler choose your grout colour!
- Download the adhesive guide below and give it to you tiler. This tells you which adhesive type is suitable for your tiles.
- For loose tiles that are long and thin, like Arcaico, consider the joint gap. Smaller looks better but more difficult for the tiler as there is small variances in the length of the tiles. Each row of tiles should be laser levelled with the vertical joints absorbing the variance. Perhaps you can consider 2mm horizontal joints and 4 to 6mm vertical joints. Talk with your tiler about this.